Top cloud computing interview questions & answers
With the boom of technology, cloud computing has gained enormous fame. There is a high demand for cloud computing professionals, and many businesses use cloud computing to secure their organizational data online. This article will help aspiring IT professionals with the cloud computing interview questions regarding basic concepts of cloud technology.
The ocean of data online makes it tiring to find the right cloud computing interview questions. Hence, we took up the cumbersome task of going through all the websites and curating a specific set to help you.
This set contains all types of cloud computing interview questions vital for your interview.
Aspiring cloud computing architects will benefit from these cloud computing interview questions
So, here are a few cloud computing interview questions listed below:
- Give us a brief explanation of Cloud Computing
If we go for the simple explanation of the term, cloud computing means that the cloud helps the user deliver computing services. The services include databases, storage, servers, networking software, analytics, and intelligence. The following services aid the user with faster innovation, flexible resources, and economies of scale.
The infrastructure runs smoothly and systematically at a low cost and adapts to change whenever required.
As we move ahead with innovation and creation, cloud computing has proven to bring a massive change compared to traditional business methods.
Tell us the benefits of Cloud Computing
Here are some benefits of cloud computing:
- Cloud computing saves you from heavy expenses. It removes the necessity of buying hardware and software with running on-site data centers, server connectivity, electrical requirements of power and cooling, and the professional’s help in running the infrastructure.
- Some cloud computing services come with the advantage of self-service and on-demand, which makes computing services improvised in no time. With some taps on your screen, you get flexibility in business thinking, and it also takes up the charge of capacity planning.
3 Cloud computing has the potential to scale elastically, and that means it delivers the required amount of IT resources when it is necessary from the right geographic location.
- When the performance test arises, you should know that proficient cloud computing services walk through the worldwide network of secure data centers, and these datacenters go through regular up-gradation.
- Cloud provides you with a large scale of policies, technologies, and tightened security posture that helps you with protecting data, apps, and infrastructure from danger.
- Cloud computing does not require heavy racking stacking or any other time-consuming chores of IT management. Hence, it saves time for the IT teams and helps them be productive.
- Cloud computing does provide you with the option of data backup, disaster recovery, flexible business management, and lower expenses.
What are the types of Cloud computing?
Cloud computing does vary with the user’s needs, and there are different models, types, and services available.
You can choose as per your requirement.
First, you need to decide what type of services your cloud needs. Three different types of methodologies are available to deploy your cloud services. Those are:
- Public Cloud
- Private Cloud
- Hybrid Cloud.
Then, with your need, you can determine the type of Cloud deployment or Cloud computing architecture.
- If you need to explain cloud computing to a non-IT person, how will you explain it?
It might appear to you as a theoretical cloud computing interview question, but it was a question in one of the interviews. You can read it on Quora.
You are supposed to answer this in simple words without using IT terminology.
Cloud computing means using the internet to simplify processing. The cloud in cloud computing is a metaphorical name for the internet, and it can also be a synonymous term for internet-based computing.
- Cloud computing has something called system integrators. Explain system integrators.
The system integrators came into the picture in 2006. It is an act of gathering different components required in a system and combining them to ensure that system runs without any interruption.
An individual or an organization specialized in system integration is called a system integrator.
- What are the three vital categories of cloud computing?
The three vital categories of cloud computing are:
Saas – Software as a Service.
Iaas – Infrastructure as a Service.
Paas – Platform as a Service.
- How will you explain Saas ( Software as a service)?
Saas is an application host that ensures the availability of applications to customers on the internet. But, those applications might not be provider-owned, and they are merely a third party who link applications with their consumers. It can be called a cloud computing model that distributes software.
- What is Paas? (Platform as a service)
Paas is a model that distributes both hardware and software. Similar to Saas, it does not own these applications, and it is a mere third-party provider.
Paas compromises tools that facilitate the development of applications. The services are provided to the users over the internet, just like Saas.
Paas is renowned for allowing customers to use the services without installing the hardware and software.
- Name some large cloud databases and providers.
Some of the proficient and highly used large cloud databases and providers are:
- Amazon SimpleDB
- Google BigTable
- Cloud-based SQL
- Tell us the names of some open-source cloud computing platform databases.
Some of the widely used open-source cloud computing platform databases are as follows:
- Tell us about the Public, Static, and Void class in a brief statement.
Public – This class specifies the access of a particular method, and it is an access modifier.
Public means the given method is accessible by any Class.
Static -Static is the keyword that signifies access by the user without creating an instance of a particular class.
Void -Void is a return-related method that signifies that the given methodology is valueless.
We hope that this collection of cloud computing interview questions will help you ace your cloud computing interviews. But, do remember that crystal clear concepts are the key to cracking any interview. So brush up on your basics, and good luck!