HOW TO FIND STUDENT ACCOMODATION IN CANADA
Canada is increasingly becoming a popular destination for all the students who want to pursue higher education. Before you make any decision about where you are going to study, it is only normal to carry out extensive research about various factors which come into play and one of them is accommodation. Here is all that you need to know before deciding your York University Housing.
Long term accommodation:
- Renting a flat: Depending on what your budget is you could either rent a house all by yourself or share it with friends to bring down the cost. The rent of the house varies from location and size of the property. On an average, the cost of shared accommodation ranges from $250 to $700 CDN per month.
- Homestays: When opting for homestays it allows you to stay with Canadian families in a safe, friendly and homely environment. Before you make a decision about this, make sure that the location of the house and the rules work for you. The average cost for homestays varies from $400-$800.
- On campus accommodation: some of the colleges do offer accommodation either on campus or close to the university.
Short Term accommodation:
- Hotel Stay: Though it is a viable option but it is not feasible for international students who are pursuing their higher education here. The cost of the hotel room could vary from $45 to $250 per night.
- Bed and Breakfast (B&B): It is a great option for a short stay, as you not only get a private room but you also get a generous breakfast. This option is not feasible for international students either. The cost of the accommodation varies upon the facilities which are available and range from $35 to $105.
- Youth Hostels: If you are pursuing a short course, then youth hostel is a great option. It offers a room to its guests which they have to share with other people. The average cost per night varies from $10 to $20. It is not only an affordable option but also gives you the opportunity to interact with people from various parts of the world.
Moving abroad to study can be overwhelming as there is a change in demographics. During your move you have to consider various factors like scholarship, transportation and accommodation.